God with us; Immanuel.
The Lord saves; Jesus.
The purpose of Jesus being born was to rescue humankind from condemnation and restore them to a position of righteousness. God’s mercy meant that he sacrificed his only Son to pay the debt owing.
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
What do the people around us need help from?
Poverty? Relationship problems? Family stress? Mental or physical illness?
The Bible teaches that we all need rescuing from our sin – our perception that we can live our lives without reference to God.
But millions of people in the world today still don’t know about this problem; they haven’t heard of Jesus’ salvation and don’t know God personally.
Can we help change that?
Today, STOP and ACT in two ways;
- Take a few minutes to thank God for the salvation and mercy he has shown each one of us. Whilst we were still sinners – whilst our backs were still turned away from him – Jesus died for us.
- Donate time, money or skills to a charity or organisation which seeks to make God’s name known around the world. #HowWillTheyHear is made up of ten global partners – click here for a list of them – but there naturally dozens of others. By faith, God will use his people to proclaim his love and grow his family!
Pray with us;
- Praise God that he promised Jesus so many thousands of years ago, and that he kept that promise to us – even us as mere humans!
- Thank God that he came to be with us, and to redeem us from the sin separating us from himself
- Pray that Jesus’ birth and sacrifice would be known and celebrated around the world – particularly in those places where there is currently little Christian witness