Lights usually help us find our way – they show us the right path, lead in the right direction and warn us of dangerous hazards.
Jesus is described as the light of the world; the unquenchable light which shows us how to be in friendship with God.
“In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
Our world seems dark – the news is always full of wars, terrorist attacks and economic crises. There are humanitarian disasters, natural disasters and political disasters almost on a weekly basis. On the other hand, so many people in our cultures seem to pretend that nothing is happening and that everything is fine… In such a confusing world, where do we turn?
The Bible says that Jesus is the light and life of humanity. That in him, and by following him, we can avoid falling in the darkness.
But the Bible also reassures us that the darkness and chaos has not won.
Regardless of the political, humanitarian or economic situations around us, Jesus is Lord of all.
Even in the middle of the refugee crisis, as millions of people are forcibly displaced and on the move, Jesus remains in control and his light of truth shines out.
So today, remembering that, SHARE two things with people around you;
- Tell others about the ongoing refugee crisis. Have a look at the statistics or news articles online and share them with your social circles.
If you use social media, tag @HowWillTheyHear!
- Share God’s light and truth with your community – encourage a Christian friend with God’s Word, or tell someone who doesn’t know Jesus about his birth and death for us
Pray with us;
- Praise God that he is the light to us all – that we can follow him even when surrounded by darkness
- Thank God that he has already conquered the spiritual forces of darkness through Jesus’ birth, death and resurrection – nothing can stop the light of Jesus
- Pray that the church would faithfully shine out the light of Jesus to the world around us